Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dining Room Reveal!

ugly dining room

First a reminder of where we began. Well really what’s not to love here? That stunning chandelier, that becoming shade of ivory, and I’m shocked (shocked!!!) more people don’t install carpet in their dining rooms! So we had just a few things to change here. 20 minutes later (give or take a few hundred hours) and here’s the finished product!

dining room remodel

We now have dining room that I’m not ashamed to invite guests into. The floors were a vast, albeit painful, upgrade. The light fixture was a Pottery Barn find. The world map is one of the best thrift store scores I’ve had in a long while. I am certain it actually hung in an elementary school classroom at some point. You can’t see them in this shot but there are adorable little animal stickers on several U.S. cities – I’m assuming these marked all of the places that the students visited! The table was constructed by my dear husband from a thrifted old library door (the table top), purchased custom glass and regular ol’ plumbers piping for the legs (painted by moi). We have variations of that wall color throughout the rest of the house and the back wall is actually blackboard paint which I’ll change designs on periodically. What? You don’t have a blackboard wall yet?! Get to work! You will love it!

Just a few teeny tiny things might change here in the near future, the chairs being a big one. These are inherited and totally functional for the time being. Eventually I’d love to upgrade to something like this. Or what about something like this?!

On a completely unrelated note, one of my favorite design blogs just featured a home that I am completely and totally OBSESSED with! Take the tour HERE. It might just be the most adorable home I’ve ever seen. I’m moving in, stranger lady with impeccable taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment